Our team met multiple times this week to hash out the key vision and features for our app.
We referred back to our previous brainstorms and tried drawing out what we wanted the experience to look like.
To help us determine which features to have in our prototype, we each wrote out our own Rose, Bud, and Thorn for the week,
and then described what kind of rich media we would use to share those experiences.
This led to several key insights:
1) we mostly saw ourselves using photos rather than other media to share our experiences;
2) we could easily picture our "rose" photo but struggled to think of appropriate "thorn" photos; and
3) we saw how a mobile device influenced not only the UX, but also what media were available for sharing.
These insights led us to develop our functional prototype with just one RBT photo as opposed to three rich media items.
In coming up with our final list of features, we referred back to our Wizard-of-Oz testing and listed out the core ideas.
- Core Functionality: We viewed the core functionality of our app as 1) keeping track of your own reflections, and 2) viewing your friends' reflections. Our essential prototype's capture this core functionality.
- View Friends' RBTs
- View One's Own RBT
- Edit One's Own RBT
- Core RBT Unit: We chose the simplest expression that stayed true to the spirit of Rose Bud Thorn.
- One Photo
- Rose, Bud, and Thorn Text
In addition to deciding how to build the essential prototpe for this week's milestone, we also determined desired future features.
Please see "Future Implementation Priorities" below to see how we plan to expand beyond the essential prototype.